AITEN Monthly Meeting Minutes : January 2009
1.Date/time: January 13th, 2009, 19:30-21:30
2.Venue: AIJ Office
3.Attendee: Chris, Takemi, Yoko, Peter, Juliet, Allison, Peter Dunning, Susanne
(1)December gig : Successful.
– @Turnout: Around 100 participants, Raffle sales: \37,000, AI goods sales: \5,000
– AMusic: Forest Nelson, Amy and her band. Good.
– BLetter-writing: Made a big seasonal greeting card for Hakamada-san (a Japanese prisoner on the death row), wrote 15 postcards to the Minister of Justice of Japan asking not to carry out the death order of Mr. Okunishi and approve his retrial. The big card will be sent to Mr. Hakamada by his sister, the only family member who’s allowed to contact him.
(1)AIJ Film Festival 2009l: 17, 18 January.
(2)Movie night: “Standard Operating Procedure”, January 25th, Sunday, 17:00- @Heaven’s Door in Shimokitazawa
(3)Letter-writing marathon: Coordinating with Youth Network. Yoko will think about how.
– @Date/Venue: March 15th, Sunday. 19:00- @What the Dickens.
– ATheme: e.g.1,000 letters for peace, 1,000 letters for children’s need.
– BAllison will send out an invitation mail to all members/supporters.
(1)AITEN new website update: Almost ready except for AITEN general information and contact. Chris will send updated information to George. We will have information for 2008 and onward on the new website but will keep all data from the current one separately. Domain name transfer will be taken care of by the end of March by George. The cost of website/domain
(2)Gig schedule: Fundraising gig with live music in June 14th, September 13th, December 13th, all Sundays.
– @Schedule: 2nd Tuesday each month.
– ASpeaker suggestions are welcome.
– BLetter writing: Members in turn talks about a particular case to write letters on. Allison will in February. We can select a case and follow. Chris will see to it through AIJ.
– CMake book/DVD swap a meeting routine.
(4)Membership renewal: Ask Yuki draft an appeal, Peter will check, and Allison will send it out to current members/supporters.
7.Next meeting: February 10th Tuesday, 2009.